Mischievous Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Whitewashing The Fence

I enjoy how fast-paced this book is because Tom’s mischief keeps everyone on their toes. Tom is such a likable character, especially in his romantic endeavors. His mischief is charming, in a way, because it shows his independence, despite his Aunt’s persistence in keeping him obedient. I also like how gripping the stories are, especially with his showing off for a girl.

I don’t like the diction because it doesn’t seem to match the social standings of Tom and his family, but I’m sure there’s a significance within that has not occurred to me yet. Overall, I like the book so far, and to be honest, I was a bit worried I wouldn’t because it was initially published in 1876.

2 thoughts on “Mischievous Tom Sawyer

1. Hello Evan,
    I’m also reading this novel and I completely agree that the fast pace “keeps everyone on their toes.” I like how you describe his personality, calling it charming and what not. To me, everything you described is spot on! I hope you keep enjoying the book just as much as I am. Keep on reading mi amigo.

• I, too, am reading Tom Sawyer and I definitely agree with your ideas about the fast pace of the story reflecting Tom’s character very well. Not only do I think Tom is likeable, but I can relate to him a lot because when I was a younger lad, I was always creating mischief and being troublesome in a very similar fashion to Tom. That’s what makes his character so likeable for me. 🎅